Leah matriculated from Brebner High School in 2005, where she served her matriculation year as Head Girl and also enjoyed Public Speaking and Debating throughout her high school career.
Leah commenced her studies at the University of the Free State in 2006 and completed same in 2010.
She started her contract of articles at the University of the Free State Law Clinic in 2010, where she was exposed to 5 distinct departments, namely, Family, Labour, Criminal, Eviction and the Civil Department.
Leah was admitted as an Attorney in 2012 and began working as a Professional Assistant at Hill, McHardy & Herbst Inc in June 2012 where she mainly concentrated on Labour, Civil and Criminal Litigation.
As from June 2013 she has been employed as an Associate in the Labour Department of Phatshoane Henney Attorneys where she offers her Legal expertise in labour related matters such as handling disciplinary hearings as Prosecutor and Chairperson and attending the CCMA, for Arbitrations et al, providing clients with Legal Opinions were needed.
What has Leah been up to recently?
- She has authored many labour related articles, some of which have been published on SA Labour Guide.
- She is currently contributing writer of News24 Voices.
- A Motivational Writer for an Online women’s business magazine called Woman and Business( http://www.womanandbusiness.co.za/eng/get-motivated.php)
- She serves as the Free State and Northern Cape President of SASLAW( South African Society of Labour Law)
- She is currently on the board of ENSA( Entrepreneurs Networking South Africa) an organisation geared towards providing the platform and the necessary skills for Entrepreneurs in South Africa.
- She also sits on the board of Phenomenal Woman an Non-governmental Organisation mainly based in the Free State geared towards empowering business women and female professionals alike by offering training, networking opportunities and Workshops.
“I’ve come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that’s as unique as a fingerprint – and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.”